Holly Bushes

Holly Bushes

dwoodrum3 added on January 31, 2018 | Answered

I want to buy some holly bushes for my yard but I don't know the correct species name, and I don't know where to buy them. The ones I want have the "prickly leaves" and red berries (the "traditional" Christmas holly). The ones I want only grow about three feet high. I had some in my yard when I lived in Houston, Texas and they were beautiful and required no maintenance. Now I live in Florida and want to get some for my yard but I don't know the correct name nor where to buy them. Can you help? Thank you so much! Dolores Woodrum

There are many very short holly species, but a very common one is called Carissa. The most common is called Rotunda. These will both remain short, with the Rotunda being much more prickly.

Here are more questions about Holly Bushes