Lawn Problems

Holes Made in Yard at Night

It started out in the yard last year, holes about the size as a golf ball and about 6" deep. There is no pile of dirt next to the hole. Each night new holes appear and they are getting closer to my house and I can`t seem to find out what is doing this. My neighbor said he never saw anything like it and now he is starting to get them too. I now have hundreds of them and need to stop them. Can you please help us out?

Answered on November 30, -0001

Well, the good news is that you're not alone. This is a very common complaint (I have them too). Since there is no mound near these holes, I would guess it to be the work of squirrels. They are quite active this time of year and will normally forage for acorns by digging holes like this all over the yard, and even the garden. It may also be the work of insects, like cicadas, coming out of the ground once the larva matures. For more information on other possible culprits, this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/lgen/lawn-and-garden-holes.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lawn Problems