Loquat Trees

Help With Loquat Tree

Charlagne D Weimer added on February 15, 2018 | Answered

My loquat tree is 4yrs.old and isn't growing taller. It flowers and gets new leaves,but isn't growing up. It's in the sun and gets water. I'm a former landscaper and I want it to grow into a big beautiful tree. Can you give me any advice? Thank you in advance. Charlie

At most, even the largest species will only get about 35 feet tall. It could be likely that this variety is that of a shorter specimen. If you are taking care of it as you should, then it will grow to its maximum height on its own. If it gets wider, and not taller, then this could mean that the tree has already reached its max height. Here is an article for more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/loquat/growing-loquat-fruit.htm

Here are more questions about Loquat Trees