Majesty Palm Trees

Help Me Save My Majesty Palm

morganwheel added on August 18, 2015 | Answered

I have a majesty palm which I have been raising in the city. It gets direct sunlight about 4 hours a day and the rest is indirect. I mist it every so often (probably once a week) since now it is less humid out. Recently, my plant has begun to take a turn for the worst (see pictures). The tips are turning brown and curling, there are brown and dry spots mid leaf, there are white spots mid leaf, and there are parts that are losing its green color. I have also noticed a white powder which is mostly gathered between the stalks in the plant. I have looked up pests and I think it might possibly be thrips but I am unsure. When I pull the stalks apart, I see a few tiny tiny bugs that scatter. I recently bought a fungicide and sprayed the plant, but I am unsure if that was the right step to take. Any help you could give is greatly appreciated!! (P.S. I have additional pictures of trouble areas if you would like me to send them)

If you see insects and white spots, yes, I would say there is an infestation.

The yellowing leaves are most likely do the stress and insects, but check watering.
Water when the top surface becomes dry, soil should be damp but not soggy.

Neem Oil is a good treatment. It works as both an insecticide and fungicide.

Here are some links for you.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/palms/sticky-palm-tree-leaves-treatment-for-palm-scale.htm

00
Here are more questions about Majesty Palm Trees