Passion Flower Vine

Have I Killed My Passion Flower?

Kerrice added on April 16, 2016 | Answered

I have a four year old passion flower that grows to quite a size every summer but looks a huge mess in the winter, so I recently cut it right back nearly to the ground and I'm worried I've been too brutal as not seeing any new growth. I've attached pictures of my handiwork. Could you tell me if you think it will grow back? Thanks very much.

A rule of thumb is to prune back after the vine is done blooming or in early spring.
Regular maintenance pruning can be done all year. All weak growth can be removed and the vigorous growth can be cut back by 1/3.

Many gardeners regularly cut their vines down to the ground and it returns each year with vengeance.

Give the vine time to wake up.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/passion-flower/passion-flower-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Passion Flower Vine