Thyme Plants

Harvesting Herbs

beeps added on October 13, 2017 | Answered

Should herbs that are going to be dried by hanging in bunches be washed? I feel a bit squeamish about not washing them before drying, on the other hand how in the world would I wash a handful of creeping thyme then dry it? Could I just shake the water off then hang it to dry? Won't there be tiny bugs on those little leaves? This sounds so silly but it's bothering me! Thank you for reading this and for responding.

There are many ways you can do this. Leave everything as whole as possible while drying, and this can help. I.E. hang an entire branch of rosemary, or dill. There is no harm in washing, as I do this. Here is an article for more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/herbs/hgen/how-to-dry-herbs-various-methods.htm

00
Here are more questions about Thyme Plants