Jasmine Plants

Growing Winter Jasmine

eva.c.schjetne@uit.no added on December 1, 2016 | Answered

Where can you buy a winter jasmine plant? Growing zone? Does it need much daylight to flower? I wonder if I can plant it in a big pot in my winter garden (around 10+ centigrades in Alta, Norway). We have hardly any daylight from November to January when the sun rises over the horizon. From April to August it is daylight 24 hours.

Winter jasmine can be grown in USDA gardening zones 6 through 9. The plant prefers full sun. It will produce some flowers in partial sun, but not in full shade. In your situation, it may flower during a few months at the beginning and end of winter, but you'd have to try it to see.

If local gardening stores don't have this plant, you may be able to find it through online retailers or through a local gardening organization.

00
Here are more questions about Jasmine Plants