Growing Crocosmia From Corms

Mary Czisny added on April 16, 2018 | Answered

I have tried a number of times to grow from corms. I have planted into pots, 4 inches deep. I get nothing. I water once and routinely check the soil moisture. Do they need warmth over 60 degrees? What is missing. I have no example to show, just empty pots. I have been a landscape designer for over 25 years and am just stumped! Thanks, Mary Czisny Kanavas Landscape Management

Yes, 60 degrees would be the minimum for sprouting. If you want a headstart, you can put them in container, and put them under lighting until the soil warms up a bit. Depending on your area they may not be hardy, but that is not likely.

This article will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/crocosmia/crocosmia-bulb-care.htm

00