Cattail Plants

Growing Cattails in 5 Gal. Buckets

I have viewed the care of cattails in containers but it doesn't reference the medium used (potting soil, etc. and how much. It does state that 12 inches of water is needed. Is that a hard rule What would be the minimum & maximum amount of water. Is it changed? I know nothing about gardening but I would like to grow these cattails. I am in a Zone 6. Thank you for your response. tony Parone

You can use any good quality potting soil. I would make sure to have a large container. These will require a good deep pot. I would also advise having dolomitic lime on hand, as this will save you a lot of trouble when it comes to controlling the pH. This will do it for you. You may need an all purpose fertilizer after a few months.

00
Here are more questions about Cattail Plants