Grape Vines

Grapevine Leaves

In the middle of the night or early morning, my grapevine leaves are being eaten by something, not in the sense that there are little holes; they are cleanly cut and the stem of each leaf is left. The vine currently stands 3. 5 feet off the ground and is on a trellis.  I can't imagine that a rabbit could get that high to reach the top leaves.  I live in Mesa, AZ (metro Phoenix area), but with plenty of open desert across street and behind my yard. I have block fencing, so the only thing that could get in would be something small enough to get under my gate or fly over it. Whatever was eating the leaves was originally only eating the ones closest to ground, but this morning I came out and they were all gone! Something is also devouring my Hearts and Flowers (Aptenia cordifolia). They aren't as cleanly cut, but are being chewed to nubs.

Try using neem oil. It is organic and very effective against many insect pests. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Grape Vines