Gladiolus

Gladiolus Bloom With Corm Size 5-6 Cm

shuja niazi added on June 24, 2014 | Answered

I have Amsterdam variety corm size 5-6 cm. What percentage of stems/bloom should I expect out of my total plants sown (I understand it's tough to answer but just an idea required)? Want to clarify misunderstanding that few plants and not all bloom through corm size 5-6cm. Will it work if I apply additional P to increase percentage of stems? Also, how many days should I plan between sowing till bloom? Temp in my area: September max avg 28 min avg 23 Celsius, October 25 & 18, Nov 20 & 10, Dec 15 & 7 with few frosty nights towards last week, Jan 14 & 5 with avg 10 frosty nights a month, Feb 17 & 10, Mar 21 & 14 and Apr 26 & 19 Celsius. Thank you.

Your question is pretty hard to answer because it depends so much on the quality of the corms, and your cultivation, soil, light, etc.etc. However, under optimum conditions, most of the jumbo corms should flower, some of them could even have two flower spikes. Information from the grower should tell you the number of days between planting and flowering. Here's an article you might find interesting: https://extension.missouri.edu/p/g6620

00
Here are more questions about Gladiolus