Gerbera Daisy Plants

Gerbera Daisies, No Stem, Distorted Bloom?

ValleyMermaid added on July 11, 2017 | Answered

The foliage of my gerbera daisy seems healthy but my blossoms are opening up at the base of the plant, with stems no taller than 1/2 an inch! So, because the stem is so short, the bloom can't open properly and it is distorted. I have grown beautiful gerbera daises for years in my garden and in containers and I have never had this particular problem before. When I bought this plant, it was just fine with a couple of normal size, lovely blooms. I planted it in a pot with a couple of other plants, that are doing just fine, with and a slow release, fertilizer. It is in a sunny location where it gets the appropriate amount of sunlight required and water. The foliage is healthy and green. I have searched and searched for whatever it is that is causing this problem but I have had no luck in finding an answer, nor have I been able to find anyone that has had this problem before. Any ideas or insight, would be greatly appreciated!

Your plant may be too crowded, you mention it's planted with other plants.
They could be shading the plant also.
Also keep in mind that plants can have issues if planted too deeply.
This article will help refresh you on the care requirements.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/gerbera-daisy/growing-gerbera-daisies.htm

00
Here are more questions about Gerbera Daisy Plants