Geiger Tree in Southern California

crisismgmntactor added on April 24, 2018 | Answered

I found this article here during a search for a Geiger Tree. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/geiger-tree/geiger-tree-information.htm I want to plant a Geiger Tree at my home in Anaheim, CA. We are in Zone 10B which is in the range suitable for the tree. The article says that "they can grow in zones 10b to 12b, so in the mainland U.S., South Florida is the only place suitable for growing this species" So will I be able to grow this tree on a street parkway where I live? It would get heavy afternoon sun which the article says the tree flourishes in. For the record I am a complete novice when it comes to gardening. Thanks

Yes, if you fall within the zone, then the tree should flourish without much extra help. If you were outside the natural habitat then it would require some serious maintenance, but in your area, it should grow fairly naturally.

00