Guara Plants

Gaura

jadamsnyc added on June 19, 2017 | Answered

All of my the Gaura I have planted in my perennial beds, regardless of location have crinkled up leaves, stunted growth and now, some leaves are turning brown. I live in Westhampton beach long island and the spring has been very wet. any ideas?

In times of intense heat, many plants will go semi-dormant, allowing their leaves to roll or fold up, to conserve moisture. Try trimming back all that excess foliage and dried leaves, and let the green leaves on the basal area keep things going.
There are several pests and diseases that attack gaura. Aphids, leaf miners, spider mites and whiteflies are the most prevalent pests. Of these insect pests, aphids occur the most frequently and can often be observed feeding on the growing tips of the newest shoots.
The primary diseases which infect whirling butterflies are Botrytis, Phytopthora, Pythium and Rhizoctonia. Other diseases growers may observe on occasion are downy mildew, powdery mildew and rust. Under cool growing conditions, dark-colored purple spots may develop on the foliage. This spotting is a physiological response (not disease related) and will lessen and disappear with warmer temperatures.
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/gaura/growing-guara-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Guara Plants