Gardenia Plants

Gardenia Shrubs

I am very fortunate to have several large gardenia shrubs that are healthy and full of blooms. One that has tripled in size in two years is almost leaning into the walkway and it is laden with many flowers that I keep cutting and giving away as well as filling my house. I know that I will cut it back (prune) after the blooming season but how much can I safely take it down? It is close to 7 feet tall and a beautiful shrub and the envy of all. Should I cut the smaller ones back also? None are leggy and all 8 are in different places around my house.

Yes, you can prune back all of them. This article will help with pruning: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/gardenia/when-to-prune-a-gardenia.htm

00
Here are more questions about Gardenia Plants