Vegetable Gardening

Gardening – Grass Killer

We have a garden plot, and last year didn't plant a garden. My dad and husband went ahead and sprayed it with a grass killer (against my wishes) because it grew up so much. It's been since last summer, and it's sat there over the winter. My dad says it will be ok to till up and plant this year. Do you think it will be safe for a vegetable garden, since it was sprayed last year? He said the grass killer only lasts a couple of months, and since it was sprayed directly on to the tall grass, it should be ok if tilled and fertilizer is added this year. I was just wondering about the chemicals and such - I don't want to be eating them through the veggies, and I want a healthy garden. What do you think I should do?

Almost all weed killers have a period of time after which where it is safe eat food grown in them. The time varies. This article should help you with that:

Here are more questions about Vegetable Gardening