Gardenia Plants

Gardenia Dying

Anonymous added on December 29, 2010 | Answered

I live in San Diego and my indoor gardenia plant has lost all its leaves. I think it happened when the heat wave hit and now it's too cold. What are we supposed to do when these things happen? I don't have a temperature set area for the plant to stay in.

Times like this can be difficult for gardenias. For the heat, I would make extra sure that the plant is watered well. Check it twice a day.

When it gets too cold, cover it at night with a sheet or light blanket and make sure to take it off first thing in the morning. The covering will help hold in heat and keep away any possible frost that may occur. It is not foolproof, but it will help.

In the meantime, as long as the stems and branches are still alive, the plant can regrow the leaves. Cut back fertilizing until the leaves return, but make sure that every thing else in terms of water and light are provided.

00
Here are more questions about Gardenia Plants