Environmental Problems

Garden Flooding

chrisross52 added on September 20, 2017 | Answered

Following my neighbours patio extension my garden is flooding alongside the dividing fence. My neighbour won't accept it's his patio but states my garden is flooding as he had his garden levelled . If that is the case should it not flood where his garden used to puddle and not where his patio ends?

There is a chance that during the building process, the ground was compacted. He may or may not have built a curtain drain installed now. This is a miniature drain field that Will allow water to evacuate the area.

You can have one dug yourself to help rid your yard of the flooding. It is just a trench dug out with layer of gravel, then corrugated pipe, then gravel on top. This allows water to flow down through the rock, and be lead by the slotted pipe to a different location.

00
Here are more questions about Environmental Problems