Foxtail Palm Trees

Foxtail Palms

georgiedee73 added on November 17, 2017 | Answered

My foxtail palm is about 2.5 years old and about 5ft tall. It has exposed roots at the base and brown spotting on the leaves. the trunk feels a bit wobby - not as stable as i would expect. its in full sun but I let nature take care of the watering. should I be watering it? I've not fertilised it since i planted it which was a couple years ago. any advice would be great. By the way, I have another foxtail which is thriving in a similar area of the garden in full sun too. Thanks

You may want to mulch the base of the tree. Also add a nitrogen rich fertilizer. This article will give you more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/foxtail-palm/foxtail-palm-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Foxtail Palm Trees