Flowering Almond

Flowering Almond

ronaldg added on October 23, 2014 | Answered

I have a 2-year-old tree that produced plenty of blossoms. I now have clusters of almonds in profusion.
Do I need to thin these?

Since you're not growing these for the nuts, you can simply prune them off. Since flowering almond really responds to pruning with beautiful shape and copious flowers next spring, this may be what you want to do. Pruning in the spring, right after flowering, allows the plant to put all its energy into roots and growth for more flowers next year. However, if you like to leave the fruits on the bush for the birds to eat, you can do that too. You don't need to fuss with thinning the fruits. This article has more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/flowering-almond/growing-flowering-almonds.htm

Here are more questions about Flowering Almond