Florida Live Oak Defoliating After Spring Leafing

Terox added on April 26, 2018 | Answered

I have a clump/group of 4 live oaks. One of the four, the one on the right in the photo attached, the leaves are turning brown and dropping. The leaves on the ground look spotted (see attached). I don't know if the leaf spots are ultimately to blame for them dropping...any idea what is wrong? Is the tree dying? I do know it is caterpillar season, but I'm not certain because the canopy is so high. The soil is not too dry or too wet. Honestly conditions water wise look perfect. Trunk looks healthy

Sometimes, infections can happen within the soil. Fortunately, this is usually curable. Wettable sulfur and dolomitic lime will help here. It may take a few weeks, and old growth will not recover, but newer growth will be free of symptoms.

00