Fig Tree

Figs Not Maturing

My fig tree of several years is finally producing fruit well, although it seems I need to water it a lot. However, a large percentage, over 75%, of the figs seem to just sit there almost full sized but never mature. Quite a few have dropped off but I think that is lack of water/heat issues, which I am working on. A few only mature half of the fruit! But mainly my question is, what to do about the huge number of fruits that simply do not finish maturing. It is August here in Texas and if they don't mature soon, I'm afraid they never will. Tree seems healthy otherwise.

Fig trees stop ripening their fruit when they are stressed. It may be stressed due to the unusual heat we have been experiencing. Increase the water to the tree and this should help.

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree