Fig Tree

Fig Trees

During winter I usually put my fig tree in the basement due to the cold and snow. When the weather is better, I take it out and let it sit in my patio. It does bear fruit; however, it drops before I can ever have any harvest. Also, the fruit is green, not purple color. I don't know if this is the variety of the fig. This year instead of taking it to the basemet in winter, I plan to plant the fig tree in the garden now and leave it there. I just wonder if there's any way to keep it surviving in the snowy winter. Your opinion is appreciated.

This article will help you with the fig drop:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/figs/fig-drop.htm

People have been known to grow figs outdoors in up to Zone 5. However, you need to provide a lot of winter protection and have a variety that is somewhat cold tolerant. If you do not know the variety you have, you won't be able to know if it could take cold weather.

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree