Fig Tree

Fig Tree Has No Leaves, but Appears Not to Be Dead…Yet.

rmcculloch added on May 2, 2014 | Answered

My fig tree was very productive last year. I did some modest pruning in the fall, mostly for height. Now, it is well into spring and there are no leaves or even buds. The branches are pliable and the bark is green inside if I knick it with a knife, so I presume the whole plant is not dead...yet. Is there anything I can do to rescue it?

Be patient, and think lovely thoughts. If the tree still has life in it, it will proceed according to its own schedule. Make sure the soil doesn't dry out, though you don't want it to be soaked, either. If you've followed a fertilization schedule in the past, don't put any more on it till it starts to leaf; if you haven't fertilized before, a light application of balanced fertilizer will possibly help.

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree