Fig Tree

Fig Tree Diseases

I have a fig tree that has large brown spots on the leaves so that the leaves are dying and falling off. The fruit seems to be OK and growing but I am losing the leaves pretty quickly. I read the article that said it might be rust and to spray the leaves early in the season, but I am wondering if this is the same disease and if I can spray now that the fruit is maturing? I hate to lose my plant, as it has given me lots of wonderful fruit over the year. Thank you.

It does sound like a fungus may be affecting your fig. The leaves dropping and being spotty are good indications of this. Start the tree on a fungicide treatment schedule - every 2-3 weeks for the rest of the season. Make sure to clean up and dispose of any fallen leaves. While the tree is trying to recover, I would recommend removing the fruit. The quality will be low anyway and the removal of the fruit will allow the tree to focus energy on recovery.

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree