Ficus Trees

Ficus Benjamina Leaf Curl

Davejoyal added on March 19, 2015 | Answered

I asked a question before about leaf curl and was told it was probably thrips. However, I have 0 bugs on or near my tree. The leaves have a slight curl and are located inside the tree. I have put sticky strips above and below the tree to catch and identify any bugs. They have been there for 2 weeks and all that I've caught is one fruit fly. There is nothing else stuck to the sticky strips. Tree has lots of new growth, gets lots of light in a southern window, fertilized once a month from March - September with half the recommended strength, watered when the first inch or so of soil has dried (usually week to ten days when it's actively growing), I mist the tree a few times daily, and never let water sit in the tray. Anyway, is there something going on or should I just not worry about it? I've checked the leaves for any signs of webbing, sticky stuff, there is nothing. Thanks!

Also, I’ve checked the leaves for any signs of common ficus pests. No small webbing, no sticky stuff, nothing.

I have looked pretty closely at your photograph, and I just see a healthy Ficus!

I see little new leaves starting and healthy green leaves. From your description, your care for your ficus is great.

If you don't see signs of any infestation, I'd say your in the clear.

I would turn your plant each few weeks, but ficus don't like to be moved or fussed with too much. They will generally drop leaves if this happens, but always recover.

00
Here are more questions about Ficus Trees