Raspberry Plants

Extreme Heat Is Burning My Raspberries

b2smart added on July 6, 2012 | Answered

I ordered some plants and the week they mailed it was 100 degrees for 7 days in a row. I planted them right away and now they are drooped over and only two of the five look even partly alive. What do I do? The primocanes that were starting have also died.

They are definitely suffering from shock, especially due to heat stress. In conditions like yours, they should be watered twice a day. A translucent shade cloth can also help with afternoon shading to keep them cooler in these extremes. Other than that, there's really little you can do.

To determine if your plants are still alive, this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

Here are more questions about Raspberry Plants