Evergreens

Evergreens

I bought some evergreen shrubs from Home Depot and planted 5 of them along my fence about 6 weeks ago. Two of them look like they are dying; the branches are going brown and they are turning yellowish. What can I do to save them? I tried Messenger . . . watered daily. They were very dry when they arrived.

They may have been damaged by under watering when you brought them home, it could be transplant shock or they may have air pockets in the soil. Normally, I would advise stepping on the soil around the base of the plants to collapse any air pockets and to water them thoroughly with a little weak sugar water, but since Home Depot is pretty good about letting people return plants, I would say you should return them and get healthy plants rather than trying to recover these plants.

00
Here are more questions about Evergreens