Eucalyptus Tree

Eucalyptus Tree

gshipley added on April 17, 2011 | Answered

I have had a tree for many years, in eastern TN. Many times it appears to die over winter. I cut the dead back.usually a few small new growths comes back at the bottom, sometimes the leaves actually turn back to green and it grows again. This year I have the old one, and it does not look good. Two others that are 2-3 years old all look dead. Do they freeze out and really die? How far back do I cut, and how long do I give them to see if they will come back? I love my trees.

They can die if it gets too cold, but you can check to see if they are alive and how far back they are still alive. This article will help with that:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Eucalyptus Tree