Eucalyptus Tree

Eucalyptus Tree, 40 Ft Tall

Can my tree be saved? The leaves are turning brown and falling off. Raised pigs about 6 to 8 ft. from the tree. Could this have caused the leaves to die, turn brown and fall off. It is the beginning of fall. In fact, tomorrow is the first day.

My father said that pig manure is very capable of burning roots. That could be the problem. I would talk to someone about treating roots with some chemicals to bring life back to them.

You might have the soil tested near the pig pen. If this is the cause, there will be amendments to help. Some eucalyptus are hardier than others, verities will differ. Since you didn't say what zone you live in, it isn't possible to know if the tree will survive winter. One thing for sure, you'll know in the spring.

Here are more questions about Eucalyptus Tree