Eucalyptus Tree

Eucalyptus Pruning and Curing

After pruning my eucalyptus tree, how do I dry the limbs to use in arrangements in my home?

There are 2 methods I know about; undoubtedly there are some variations. You can either air dry, or preserve in glycerine. To air dry, line all your cuttings up so stem ends are together, wrap with 12" piece or twine and tie the other end of the twine to a tree branch or hook on the back porch. Drying takes about 2 weeks.
Using glycerine, first clean your branches of damaged or dead leaves and cut to uniform length, making a slant cut on the ends. Get a heavy deep vase or jar, large enough to hold all the cuttings upright with plenty of room around them. Mix glycerine and boiling water - 1 part glyc. to 2 parts water, mixing until glycerine is thoroughly mixed in. Pour into vase, then insert branches, set in dark out-of-the-way spot. Process takes 2 - 6 weeks; check after 4 weeks. Leaves will be dark colored and smooth. When all done, remove stems from solution, and cut ends off to remove darkened area.

00
Here are more questions about Eucalyptus Tree