Royal Empress Trees

Empress Tree

asneft01 added on April 11, 2016 | Answered

I just planted a small tree in my front yard. It was shipped with leaves and was immediately planted and watered. About four days later, we experienced an April freeze and some snow. I covered the tree with a tarp to keep it warmer; however, it still froze and the foliage was ruined. They apparently froze and now are limp. What will happen to the tree? It is about 1.5 ft tall. Will it survive and regrow, or is it toast?

The Royal Empress tree should have been planted out after danger of frost had passed.
Remove the leaves and wait and see.
The roots may have been insulated enough though the issue is that the ground is still likely to cold for any growth.
Review the guarantee from the grower to see if they will offer you a replacement.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/royal-empress/worlds-fastest-growing-shade-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Royal Empress Trees