Elephant Ear Plants

Elephant Ears

I brought my Elephant Ear plant indoors for the winter. It's still in the pot. I keep it watered and it's in a dark closet that is warm. It's growing and growing. The stems and leaves are white and about 3 to 4 feet tall now, and it's only November. My question is, should I keep cutting the growth back? It seems pretty persistent to keep growing in next to total darkness. What do you think?

There are two ways to treat elephant ears for the winter. One is to bring them inside, keep in a pot, and treat as a houseplant (a BIG houseplant) in high light. The other way is to wait till they die back, then dig up the rhizome, clean and dry it, and store it in a dark place for the winter. It sounds like you've got the two methods confused. I would take the plant out of the closet and give it light, since it seems bent on growing. This article has more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/elephant-ear/storing-elephant-ear-bulbs.htm

Here are more questions about Elephant Ear Plants