Eggplant Plants

Eggplants and Cabbages

Rebecca A Rishel added on November 8, 2017 | Answered

Frost is coming this week. There are still a few eggplants in my garden but they have not turned purple. Any chance they will ripen in the house? And, I still have cabbages in my garden as well as some Romanesque cauliflower. At what temperature do I need to bring them in?

Unfortunately, if you do not have horticultural lighting, Then there won't be much hope to harvesting eggplants. This plant is not cold hardy, and it needs as much light as it can possibly get. If you happen to have indoor lighting for plants, then you can continue to grow them as if they were still outside.

Your cabbage and cauliflower will happily remain outside until the temperatures reach around 28 degrees. Then it will start to show leaf damage, although this will not kill the plant. It will just look a little uglier.

00
Here are more questions about Eggplant Plants