Eggplant Plants

Eggplant Flower Falling

Govind added on August 22, 2016 | Answered

I live in Chennai (India - temp day high -35 degree C, night low -27 degree C). I have planted eggplants in my terrace in growing bags. Soil composition soil 50%, coco peat 50%. Vermicompost and cow dung. I use a seaweed extract as foliar spray once in 10 days. Plants are healthy but the buds bloom dry and fall off. To date have not gotten a single fruit. Please help

It sounds like you are treating the plants well. This could be a pollination problem:

Flowers can also be killed by high heat, especially if the variety you have is one adapted to cooler climates. Also check this article:

Excessive nitrogen (such as from cow dung) could also inhibit fruit production, but since your plants are producing plenty of flowers this is probably not the case.

Here are more questions about Eggplant Plants