Meyer Lemon Trees

Effect of White Oil on Meyer Lemon Blossoms

I'm planning on dousing my Meyer lemon tree with white oil. Will it prevent the blossoms from getting fertilized? I have an infestation with some unidentified larvae that are about 20 mm long, a little over 1 mm thick, bright green with a small dark brown head that bore into the lemons or entomb themselves in a white web between adjacent leaves. Can you identify it?

White oil should not adversely affect the plant; however, it sounds like you may have an issue with mites or scale. The use of neem oil is very effective for treating these pests and is perfectly safe for plants, people, and even beneficial insects. Here is an article with more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/problems/pests/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Meyer Lemon Trees