Fuchsia Plants

Dying Fuchsias

I have prepared my hanging baskets with a variety of trailing plants, including fuchsias, and kept them indoors until the night temperature is safe. However, my fuchsias are dying. The leaves wilt and the stems turn brown from the base upwards. I have examined the plants and found no pests on the leaves or grubs in the roots, so I am at a loss as to what is wrong. None of the other plant varieties are affected. Can you give me any idea on what is wrong and a remedy (if there is one)?

JeffreyGardener

Without seeing the plants directly it is hard to know for sure what the problem is. Outside temperatures that are too hot, too much sun, inappropriate amounts of fertilizer, inadequate water, or too much water (causing root rot) without sufficient soil drainage can cause fuchsias to die. You may want to check right here on GardeningKnowHow.com to see if you are meeting it's growing needs: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/fuchsia/growing-fuchsia-flower.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fuchsia Plants