Eucalyptus Tree

Dying Evergreens

Minty65 added on April 27, 2014 | Answered

I have 3 eucalyptus trees in my large back garden. One is mature, the other 2 are young. They, along with several meters of bamboo and a rhododendron, all appear to be suffering greatly with what looks like burnt and dead leaves. My friend one road away is suffering the same problem, also with her mature laurel hedge, and I notice other evergreen conifers in the local vicinity look similar. It appears to be a problem for several miles along the south coast where we live, only 2 roads back from the cliff top. My father who lives 2 miles inland has no such problems. Do you know why this could have happened, as it's not been a hard winter, and certainly not dry!!! Many thanks.

Has it been especially windy? Wind blowing salt in from the sea would affect all these plants you mention.

Here are more questions about Eucalyptus Tree