Duranta

martybacker added on April 23, 2018 | Answered

I have three year old to durantas in my yard, four of them. They’ve been very healthy up to this time. I live in Southern California, zone 10 B. They are looking really terrible right now, see the photos. So it’s either a result of two Frosts we had in March, which is very unusual. Or I over fertilized with too much nitrogen in early April or there some kind of disease. There does not seem to be any sign of a pest infestation. What can I do?

It looks like the start of a fungal infection. I would add dolomitic lime and wettable sulfur around the area. This will stop the infection, and bring the pH back to normal after the fungus is killed. This article will give you more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/duranta/care-of-duranta-plants.htm

00