Drooping Spiderwort

sbrook201 added on July 4, 2014 | Answered

After the heavy rain 2 days ago, my 4' Spiderwort hedge is drooping badly onto my neighbor's lawn. Short of staking it on either end & running green florist tape between to hold it up, what can I do? Will cutting back ruin it for the year? It is gorgeous & flowers profusely. I have many comments from the neighbors.

As you will see in this article, one approach to take would be to cut the plants back. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/spiderwort/growing-spiderworts.htm
Another would be to stake them; I think I would try to use a double or triple line of stakes, and weave wire, string, or twine back and forth among the blooms. Or you could do both -- prune back both sides and leave the middle tall, or prune back only one side, maybe the one close to your neighbor's property.

Here are more questions about Spiderwort