Manure Fertilizer

Dog or Cat Poop

I would like to know if either cat or dog feces are alright for a flower garden. My husband says they are fine, even beneficial. I say that either of these are not! Please let me know which is correct! Thank you!

As long as you are not eating anything in the garden and it is strictly for growing flowers, then yes, you could use either type of manure BUT it is always better to let it age some before mixing it in the soil or spreading it over top. As with any type of manure, there may still be high nitrogen content, which could burn the plant roots if not allowed to cure out at least a few months. Even then, I would wear gloves when handling it, as dog and cats are meat eaters and their poo can harbor bacteria (which is why you don't use on edible plantings).

Here are more questions about Manure Fertilizer