Plum Trees

Do You Have a Spray or Control Schedule for Plum Curculio Weevils on Plum Trees?

Henry Thomas added on September 3, 2014 | Answered

The plums drop from the tree before ripening. None survive. I also have a plumcot tree that is affected. I don't want the weevils to spread to other fruit trees in my yard. Is there anything I can do in the fall or winter to begin control? I read that bonide was a good spray. Is it?

While spraying is effective in the spring, fall and winter control consists of cleaning and disposal.
Since the most effective chemical control is carbaryl, the best product should be the one with the most carbaryl in it. Bonide is more of a broad spectrum product; you can find a number of products with higher concentration by googling "carbaryl."

Here are more questions about Plum Trees