Spider Plants

DME May Not Be the Way to Go?

Im thinking DME was the wrong move. Have (Airplane) spyder in one pot with 10 % mix. They have grown little but dark green. Water goes right through to tray each time. How do they hydrate? With potting soil they would have been 2 feet by now. Have other old ones losing leaves (drying out) but covered with pebbles, all to keep Fungal Gnats out. Im thinking to take all of them out and place in potting soil and take my chances. I dont even want to touch a 20 pound (plus 5% DME) mix that looks dry as sand. I dont think this stuff lets plants (at root) grow. Company tells me not so. Any comment, or direction (you know how long it takes to mix that stuff, only to find when done its more white than black).

It sounds like your are trying to propagate Spider plants.

This article will help you.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/spider-plant/propagating-spiderettes.htm

00
Here are more questions about Spider Plants