Cypress Trees

Disease on My Cypress Trees

I have recently moved into a home with several large conical shaped cypress trees. One of them appears to have a disease of some sort which renders the leaves brown and crumbly. When touched these areas of the tree disintegrate in my hand leaving gaping holes. I see some spots of this same condition on some of the surrounding cypresses and hope to be able to save them. Can you advise me? I would be most appreciative. Thank you.

drtreelove

Water deficit = drought stress? Fungal disorder? Beetle-borer or mites? Need more information, geographical area, growing conditions, irrigation program, species identification, photos.
Do you have a local nursery that might help. They are usually helpful for ID of trees and shrubs in the area and common disease and pest problems. Do you have a county/university cooperative extension service with an advisory service? Or pay for a professional consultation with a local arborist or landscape advisor.

00
Here are more questions about Cypress Trees