Dill Plants

Dill

My outdoor dill plant leaves do not as much smell as earlier this summer. Should I cut off the top flower to enable new growth and, if so, what color should the flower be? There is already a flower on it but I forget what color. Does the cut off dill flower contain the seeds that can be replanted? If so, how to replant. Thanks.

It is normally better to keep the plant cut rather than allowing it to flower, which reduces the odor and flavor of the herb, unless you plant on collecting the seeds (from the flowers). It will usually self-seed when conditions are favorable but you may also collect the dry flowers and place them in a paper bag for storing. The seeds will fall into the bag for easy planting next season.

00
Here are more questions about Dill Plants