Daffodils

Daffodils

I just received 8 daffodil bulbs. It is May in Missouri so it is not time to plant them until Fall. They are in a small paper bag. How do I keep them until planting time? In fridge, in plastic, in dark, etc.? I am a novice gardener who can follow directions, but without any intuitive gardening knowledge. Thanks for you help. . . . . . . Kae

Keeping them in a dark, cool but dry area is suggested. I do store my daffodil and tulip bulbs in the fridge, in brown paper bags when I overbuy, though. You just want to make sure their not taking on any moisture that can cause them to rot. They can take on moisture and humidity in a hot shed or garage too and basements tend to be damp, so I prefer the fridge. This article may help:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/daffodil/curing-daffodil-bulbs.htm

00
Here are more questions about Daffodils