Sago Palm Trees

Cycad Sago Palm Female Troubleshooting

Vanessa Lourens added on March 25, 2018 | Answered

My Female cycad sago palm flowered and produced red seeds. She also produced 7 offspring plants which we cut off. Since then 2 more offsrings amerged. But it looked like the growt off my cycad stopped. I know they stop growing in autum but she hasnt produced new leaves yet. The male nearby also produced offsprings and is showing new growt, should l worry about my female? We had unuasal amounts off rain this summer here in South Africa so I know the soil is to moist at times but we have sufficiant draining, please just give me some advice to give me piece off mind. She is so beautiful I don't want her to die.

I do see the starting of an infection. This can be cared for by spraying a mix of 1 part peroxide to 3 parts water onto the areas. You can also water with this mixture. It is important to do this as soon as possible to keep the infection from spreading.

00
Here are more questions about Sago Palm Trees