Avocado Trees

Cutting Down Avocado Tree

Anonymous added on January 27, 2011 | Answered

My avocado tree has reached the ceiling, as I have had it many years and it's been fine. However, my cat has been using the soil to do her business. Now all the leaves have fallen of, very devastating as it was such a lush looking tree. Anyways, my question is can I cut the stalks down (has about the three stalks), or should I only cut the branches that have sprouted from the stalks?

The leaves will actually regrow on the stems, if you fix the problem with the soil. The cat's urine has highly acidified the soil and it is killing the plant. You need to remove the soil and replace it with fresh. After that, try placing rocks or balls of foil on the soil as this will discourage her from using the soil again.

00
Here are more questions about Avocado Trees