Cucumber Plants

Cucumbers Dying Too Soon

RETCOOK added on July 18, 2011 | Answered

I moved my cucumbers to a different part of the garden this year as part of my 3 years rotation and they are dying too soon. Once the plant vines were about 2 to 3 feet long, the leaves started to get yellow spots and drying out. Even with enough watering. At one point it was only at the base of the plant for the longest time and now it's making its way to the flower tip of the 8 to 9 foot vines. There is about 3 feet of nice green vine left for each plant, but I feel they will soon die too. Can I savage what I have left? I know there is a disease like this. Please help! I have harvested about 65 to 75 cucumbers so far. The ones now on the vines are yellowing prematurely too fast. Not even big enough for harvest. I am growing "Burpless" this year instead of Marketmores. I never had this problem with Marketmores.

Unfortunately, it sounds like it may be wilt. This article will have more information:
https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/plantsci/hortcrop/pp747w.htm

00
Here are more questions about Cucumber Plants