Croton Plants

Croton Leaves Losing Colour

Ryan D added on March 11, 2017 | Answered

I live in Brisbane, Australia, a subtropical environment. I bought a croton plant a week ago and planted it outdoors in a pot. It's hard to know exactly how to care for it because there's so many varieties that have different needs so that it's hard to find information. The other day I noticed that my croton is developing pale, colourless patches on its leaves that feel thinner than the rest of the leaves. Today I've noticed that those patches are increasing on more leaves. Is that simply to do with the amount of heat/light/water or something else? I've attached some photos. Also, is there a way I can help my croton develop more fiery red and less green on its leaves? Regards Ryan

You may need to shade the plant in the hot afternoon sunshine.
Orange and red colors will fade if exposed to direct afternoon sunshine.

Maintain evenly moist soil in potted plants, daily water is needed when temperatures are above 80 degrees F.

Over fertilizing can lead to color loss in a Croton.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/croton/care-croton-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Croton Plants